- The community of students and scholars here makes this place super special.
- I like statistics more than poetry, and I'm not afraid to say that.
- 150 pages of academic articles for one class, for one week . . . is considered a moderate amount of reading.
- All I want to do is read more articles written by Stoddart,T. and Lee,O., respectively. However, that doesn't count for any of my classes - so it's considered extracurricular reading . . . which I seem to have relatively little time to do.
- R is way better than SPSS if only for the idea of open source.
- The bus system is not as reliable as the New York subway.
- Hiking trails through redwood trees to the library will never get old.
- I seem to have a difficult time saying no . . . to everything except poetry. So, I am now on two (actually, really cool- yet time consuming) committees.
- I'm constantly inspired to question and learn more from my awesome cohort colleagues.
- The harbor police don't look very well for the permit that (to me) is extremely visible on my bumper.
Friday, October 12, 2012
Two Weeks In . . .
I've been in this Education PhD program for two weeks now . . . here are my thoughts: